THANK YOU FOR THE SEASON 2018!
THE CAFÉ WILL BE OPEN AGAIN IN JUNE 2019!
YOUR BEST CHOICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL ACLIMATIZATOIN HIKE AND A DELICIOUS MEAL!
The Yurac Yacu Café supports the projects of Andean Alliance and provides training and employment for local community members.
The café is open seasonally and promotes the use of locally grown, innovatively prepared, traditional foods. Come up to the Cafe in 2019 from mid June until the end of August. Use the day as a means for acclimatization, social and cultural interaction while supporting local micro businesses.
- Take the #15 or #20 collectivo to Marian (Cachipampa). This runs up Avenida Raymondi, in front of the central market. It will take you either to Marian or 1.5 km further up to the parada of Cachipampa. Walk to km 3.3 and take a right at the sign of Yurac Yacu.
- Reservations can be made for groups of 10 or more and a pachamanca or like meal can be prepared.
- Private taxis are also available for about 30 soles.
- Alternative, beautiful walking routes are accessible to return.
Stop in on your way down from Llaca valley, Vallunaraju, Cojup, Churup or Willcahuain!
We welcome all friends of Cafe Yurac Yacu to leave your reviews on Trip Adviser and pass the good word to the local tourism operators, friends and family! To see the lates news, follow our Facebook page!
WHAT HAPPENED IN 2018?
- This year, 2018, saw a positive increase in the numbers of people who enjoyed the great menu, atmosphere and actively supported a local initiative. There was the addition of 2 new menu items which proved to be best sellers: Barbacoa Quesadillas and Vegetarian Hamburgers (using sweet potatoes, garbanzos and palmar beans).
- The cafe employed 7 local people and bought many products from their neighbors.
- Happily there was an income made both in 2017 and 2018 to help pay the expenses of our preschool teacher. The Cafe and the Women’s knitting Cooperative are 2 great examples of local micro businesses which directly provide income in the area.
Cooking for Yurac Yacu Café.
Café Community Association Opening.
*All proceeds benefit the Yurac Yacu Community Center